Friday, May 3, 2013

Meet the Staff: Mr. Blake VandeBunte

I was born and raised in Michigan.  I attended public schools for my primary education and then attended a small liberal arts college, Hope College, in Holland, MI and majored in secondary education.  Following graduation I ran a teen center in East Lansing, Michigan for three years.  In 2009 I moved to Connecticut and worked at a therapeutic boarding school for a year and half before moving to Flagler County and began searching for work.  I started working at FPC in January of 2011.

In 2012 I bought a house in Bunnell and got married to my wife Courtney, who also works at FPC, in the spring. Our first daughter, Magnolia, was born on April 27, 2013.  We also have two dogs and four chickens.

I am excited for all of the new opportunities here at i3 and am looking forward to the adventure.


Favorites:  Singer: Jason Molina, Author: Erik Larson, Actor: Jason Schwartzman, Sport: Baseball  Baseball Team: Detroit Tigers, Football Team: Every team without Tim Tebow. Hobbies: Traveling and Gardening, Movies: Anything by PT Anderson or Wes Anderson. 

-Blake VandeBunte
i3 Tech Academy World Studies, World Cultural Geography, and Journalism Facilitator