Sunday, May 5, 2013

Meet the Staff: Ms. Kara Corkran

When I was 16, I moved to Palm Coast from New York and went to FPCHS; I graduated in 1990. When I was 23, I began my college career. I obtained an Associates degree in paralegal studies from Keiser University, a Bachelors degree in religious studies from Stetson University, and a Masters degree in reading education from Nova Southeastern University. After my Masters degree, I began teaching at FPCHS. For the last eight years, I have taught a variety of subjects: English, Creative Writing, and Reading. I am certified to teach Reading, English, Social Sciences, ESE, ESOL, and Elementary.

I am so excited to be part of the i3 Tech Academy. I know my students will also be very excited about our academy and what they will learn while they are there.

-Kara Corkran
i3 Tech Academy Bio Lit, World Studies, and Reading Facilitator