Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Meet the Staff: Mrs. Kim Saltmarsh


I am originally from the state of New Hampshire. I was born and raised in the largest city north of Boston, Manchester. I have been married to a wonderful man, Mark for 25 years who works as a Sr. Programmer for the district and have three grown daughters: twins-Megan and Jillian and our youngest: Kelsey. Our real baby is our 13 year old shih tzu: Buster.

I earned my undergraduate degree from Notre Dame College and my graduate degree from Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I have been teaching science for 16 years and I continue to love it!

We moved to Palm Coast in 2005 after one of the biggest ice storms in New Hampshire history. We had had enough! I worked at David Hinson Middle School the first year it opened and then moved to Matanzas to work in the city I lived.  But, with my three children now on their own, it is time for me to make a change.  I recently accepted a new position at FPC’s i3 Tech Academy and I am extremely excited about it.

Favorites: Singer: Kenny Chesney, Author: Diana Gabaldon, Actor: Tom Cruise, Sport: Swimming, Baseball Team: Boston Red Sox, Football Team: The team who picks up Tim Tebow. Hobby: Taking cruises, Movies: Transformers, Harry Potter, Twilight series. Food: Anything organic. We are flexitarians….if you don’t know what that is, ask me.

-Kim Saltmarsh
i3 Tech Academy Bio Lit, Biology, and Physical Science Facilitator